With this simple, practical tool you can simulate how your SEO optimised meta tags will display on the Google Search results page (SERP).
Google advises not to spend too much time on meta tags, as they do dynamically create the search result snippets. So, this tool may not mimic actual results perfectly. There are a lot more variables that I did not account for.
That does not mean I don't want to see my well–crafted meta mastery! So here is the search snippet previewer I envisioned. Click the text to change it to your liking.
Interactive SERP tool
Start your preview by clicking on the text – it's editable!
A title averages around 70 characters long.
Google Search Results Title and Description Preview
Enjoy using this tool? Don't forget to share it with your friend marketers.
Best practices meta tags
For the title tag:
- Describe the page’s content naturally and accurately.
- Write unique titles for each page.
- Optimise for the click through rate:
- emphasise quick results.
- Add odd numbers to the title
- use long tails keywords
For the description:
- Summarize the page content accurately, optimise for people.
- Do not play keyword bingo (Google is semantically aware, anyway).
- Write unique descriptions for each page.
Do you know any marketers? Share this tool with them, they'll like it!